Experience our beloved holiday tradition — now celebrating 50 years!
Dating back to 1967, the Indianapolis Zoo was the first zoo in the nation to hold a holiday lights event. Year after year, Christmas at the Zoo presented by Donatos and Teachers Credit Union continues to grow. This year we’re offering more opportunities to visit, with Mondays and Tuesdays added in as well as extended hours until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays. And the best part is it’s all included with regular admission!
Under the Bicentennial Pavilion, Santa’s Village is one of our newest additions. Here, you’ll discover:
- Santa’s Study: Free visits with Santa through Dec. 23 with photo packages available for purchase. Please be in line by 9pm to visit Santa.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen: Free visits with Mrs. Claus through Dec. 23 and treat decorating available for purchase. New this year, find different ways to decorate our cookie shapes.
- Santa’s Barn presented by State Farm: See Santa’s sleigh and a few of his reindeer.
- The Snowflakery: Wind through the mirror maze that is full of wintery twists and turns!
- Tunnel of Lights: Have your camera ready to remember the moment you step inside the tunnel and are surrounded in glowing lights!
- Penguin Encounter: Get up close to these winter-ready birds from 6-8pm (animal and weather dependent).
- Mistletoe Kisses Gazebo: A picturesque place to find one of 10 hidden mistletoe. Look for more mistletoe hidden throughout the Zoo and submit your answers in the main gift shop to try to win an Animal Art Adventure.
- Holiday Card Photo Opportunity: Larger than life holiday card for a larger than life family photo moment!