Welcome to White River State Park! Thank you for your patience during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The White River State Park (WRSP) Frank Lloyd Visitor Center reopened to the public on Thursday, June 11, 2020! In accordance with Mayor Hogsett’s order visitors over the age of two and who medically able are required to wear face coverings inside the Visitor Center. As you visit WRSP, stop by the Visitor Center for t-shirts, Indiana and Indianapolis souvenirs, snacks, drinks, and more. There are also WRSP Ambassadors that can make suggestions on where to visit or answer questions.
Trails, greenspaces and the Canal are open to the public. Patrons can also enjoy bikes from Wheel Fun Rentals which reopened on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
WRSP is home to many world-class attractions: the IMAX® Theater, Indianapolis Zoo, Indiana State Museum, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, NCAA® Hall of Champions, Indianapolis Indians Baseball at Victory Field, and The Amphitheater at White River State Park. To learn more about reopening dates for attractions, please visit their individual websites.
Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
NCAA® Hall of Champions Museum
Indians Baseball at Victory Field
The Amphitheater at White River State Park
Follow White River State Park on social media for future updates:
Questions related to a specific event being held at White River State Park should be directed to the specific event manager.
White River State Park has secured the necessary PPE and sanitizing tools needed for safe operation and will follow the health and safety guidelines recommended by Governor Holcomb and the Indiana State Department of Health.
White River State Park encourages guests to do their part in keeping the Park and other guests safe and healthy. Good hygiene practices outlined by the Center for Disease Control:
- Exercise social distancing and remain at least 6 feet apart from other Park guests
- Wash hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover mouth and nose with a cloth face cover
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not attend public events if you are feeling ill
- For COVID-19 public resources, visit: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/index.htm
- Do steer clear of crowded areas and avoid large gatherings.
- Avoid gathering with others outside of your household.
- Visit if you are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19
If you are sick with COVID-19, were recently exposed (within 14 days) to someone with COVID-19, or just don’t feel well, do not visit public areas including the Park, recreational areas or attractions.
Locations for hand washing:
- Family restrooms are open daily. Family restrooms are located on the exterior of the north side of the Frank Lloyd Visitors Center.
- WRSP restrooms located inside of the Frank Lloyd Visitor Center will reopen June 11, 2020 and will be available during retail hours.
- Other WRSP men’s and women’s restrooms are available for use during certain planned events.
WRSP facilities are cleaned and disinfected frequently.