Since 1999, White River State Park has sponsored an outdoor sculpture program that has proven to be very successful and popular with visitors. We are now seeking entrants for the 2020 – 2023 Sculpture in the Park exhibition. We will be selecting up to two sculptures this year to join the other works on the Old Washington Street Bridge. Because of budget restraints we are staggering the removal of the pieces, so all the sculptures are not changed out at the same time. The length of time each piece is exhibited is 3 years. The White River State Park Commission will pay the artist a $5000 honorarium. In addition, the Park will pay up to a maximum of $5000 to help offset the actual costs of transporting the sculpture to and from Indianapolis (as long as mileage and receipts are provided), as well as installation and removal of the piece from the Park.
- Sculptures will be displayed for three years beginning in April of 2020
- The honorarium is $5,000 plus up to a maximum of $5,000 to help offset the costs of transportation, installation, and removal of the piece (mileage and receipts must be submitted for reimbursement)
- Entries must be postmarked (or preferably emailed) by Friday, December 20, 2019
- Winners will be notified by January 31, 2020.
- Sculptures must be delivered and installed in White River State Park by Friday, April 24, 2020.
Please take time to download and review this additional information and feel free to contact us if you have questions or want to know more about the sculpture program.
Executive Director White River State Park Development Commission